Thursday, January 25, 2007

Poems by Sappho

1.) I think I understood "He Is More Than a Hero" because it caught my attention on how she talks about this man who is a hero but more than a hero to her, I guess it's how she express herself about him.

3.) In "He Is More Than a Hero" she describing a man who is more than a hero to her she talks about him and how he's a loyal and how she in love in him and everything he does.

In "Some say thronging cavalry" she talks about Anactoria and how she miss, so I assuming that Anactoria has die or something.

In " To Aphrodite of Flowers, at Knossos" she talks about a place that seem so peaceful and beautiful that she wouldn't mind being there right about now with her Queen Aphrodite.

4.) Well "Some say thronging cavalry" and "To Aphrodite of Flowers at Knossos" apply to Sappho because it says that she loves to write about her relationships with women and her daughter and she talks about her Queen Aphorodite in both poems.

6.) I think Keyisha Cole would do them justice because when she sings, she puts a lot of feeling into it so much that you can feel it inside of you so that's why I think Byeonce would be a great singer for them.

No comments: